learning english

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kuttappan

i want to pratcise 3rd person singular (simple present), using s form of the verb, in speaking and wrting english.

please give me some tips or games. I am predominantly a kineasthetic learner.

I will be happy if someone can give me details of other resources where i can find answers to this.

thank u

naomimalan

Member Type
English Teacher
i want to pratcise 3rd person singular (simple present), using s form of the verb, in speaking and wrting english.

please give me some tips or games. I am predominantly a kineasthetic learner.

I will be happy if someone can give me details of other resources where i can find answers to this.

thank u

For spoken English:
-One thing you could do would be to highlight all the -s endings in a text then read out the text, recording it on a tape recorder. The next day, you could listen to the recording whilst reading the text at the same time, checking as you go along how many times you omitted the -s.

-Another thing you could do would be to record a conversation between yourself and someone else (or an imaginary conversation) about something where you have to use the 3rd person present simple a lot, for example telling someone about a film you have seen or a novel you have read (for films or books you probably know that you have to talk about them using a present tense, not a past tense.)

For written English:
-You could type out (or write) the synopsis of a film you've seen or a book you've read then highlight all the verbs and check whether you've put the -s in, where appropriate. You could then re-write or re-type the sentences where you omitted the -s.

This may sound laborious but you should be able to get it right in no time at all - very possibly first time round.:-D:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.