Could you help me to choose an appropriate word?
The month I like most/best/well , my favourite month, is August.
Looking through dictionaries I've found
1. I like him well
2. I like apples the most
3. I like most pop
4. "What do you hate most?" asked Fred.
5. I like (the) summer best.
***NOT A TEACHER***
colonelcy, good morning.
(1) I like spring (the) most./ I like spring (the) best.
(2) Probably most native speakers consider either sentence to be "good" English.
(3) If you asked 10 native speakers, some would prefer "most" and some would prefer "best."
(4) There are a few people who feel that it is more exact to say: I like spring the most:
(a) They explain that "most" refers to quantity (amount).
(i) If 95% of your heart is devoted to spring, then only 5% remains for summer, fall (autumn), and winter. Thus, you like spring the most.
(c) They further explain that "best" refers to quality (how well).
(i) Let's say that each of the four seasons has 25% of your heart. You like them equally. In the summer, fall (autumn), and winter, you don't do anything special. But in the spring, you fly to Japan to see the beautiful cherry trees. (You have to spend a lot of money for airfair, hotel, etc. But you don't care.) Thus, you like spring the best (compared with how WELL you show your "liking" for the other seasons.