Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
1. What does "demands on your resources" mean? I think there's expected need for company's budget such as payment for employees, investment for some projects, etc.
2. What does "match the contributions of its employees" mean, especially "match"?

st89)The Warm Heart Organization is starting its annual drive on Friday, April 5th, 2013. We realize that there are many demands on your resources and those of your employees, but we hope you will once again support this worthwhile cause. ...This year we're hoping that each company will open its heart and match the contributions of its employees...

Gillnetter

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
1. What does "demands on your resources" mean? I think there's expected need for company's budget such as payment for employees, investment for some projects, etc.
2. What does "match the contributions of its employees" mean, especially "match"?

st89)The Warm Heart Organization is starting its annual drive on Friday, April 5th, 2013. We realize that there are many demands on your resources and those of your employees, but we hope you will once again support this worthwhile cause. ...This year we're hoping that each company will open its heart and match the contributions of its employees...
Take the text apart and examine each word -
Demand - what does this normally mean?
Resources - Use the most common meaning for this word,

Match = Equal

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Does "each company matches the contributions of its employees" mean that each company has to donate, say, $10,000 that equals to the sum($10,000) of the donations of all the employees? I asked about the semantic part as well as the definition of the word.

Gillnetter

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Yes. If you gave $10.00 I would match that $10.00 with $10.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.