Meaning

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Guest
Could you tell me what the meaning of this expression is?
I´m sitting in front of the telly WITH A TAKE AWAY.

I also want to know the meaning of RIGHT THROUGH.

Thanks, nat.
 

Red5

Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Joined
Nov 13, 2002
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
nataliam705@hotmail.com said:
Could you tell me what the meaning of this expression is?
I´m sitting in front of the telly WITH A TAKE AWAY.

I also want to know the meaning of RIGHT THROUGH.

Thanks, nat.

:hi:

A TAKE AWAY is the same as TAKE OUT MEAL - it is food that is ordered from a restaurant or over the phone and eaten off the premises.

Regarding RIGHT THROUGH, could you give a little more context please?
 

RonBee

Moderator
Joined
Feb 9, 2003
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Red5 said:
nataliam705@hotmail.com said:
Could you tell me what the meaning of this expression is?
I´m sitting in front of the telly WITH A TAKE AWAY.

I also want to know the meaning of RIGHT THROUGH.

Thanks, nat.

:hi:

A TAKE AWAY is the same as TAKE OUT MEAL - it is food that is ordered from a restaurant or over the phone and eaten off the premises.

Regarding RIGHT THROUGH, could you give a little more context please?

Would that be some fish and chips, perhaps?

:wink:
 

Red5

Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Joined
Nov 13, 2002
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
"fish and chips" - yes! Or perhaps a take-away pizza. :-D
 

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Joined
Nov 13, 2002
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Right Through means from beginning to the very end. I don't know of a meaning to do with take away food. ;-)
 

Red5

Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Joined
Nov 13, 2002
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
It might "go right through you". :-|
 

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Joined
Nov 13, 2002
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan

RonBee

Moderator
Joined
Feb 9, 2003
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
tdol said:
Right Through means from beginning to the very end. I don't know of a meaning to do with take away food. ;-)

Maybe you do all your own cooking, eh?

:wink:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top