more questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

billy

hi,
it's me again , two more questions:

1. I ofen heard people say: ........., though.
what does that though mean ? and how do I use it properly ?

2. I went sing Karaoke with a couple of my friends last week, I wanted to know that how it was charged , by rooms or by times. but I didn't know how to say it at the time.. So , can you teach me how to say that ?

thank you in advance !

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Hi, Billy.

'Though' at the end of a sentence has a simialr meaning to 'however'.

I'm not entirely clear how they charge from your post. You could say that the Karoake was charged by the hour, if they charge by time. If you pay a fixed amount for a room for the evening, then youcould say a 'flat fee' for a room. ;-)

Casiopea

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
tdol said:
Hi, Billy.

'Though' at the end of a sentence has a simialr meaning to 'however'.

I'm not entirely clear how they charge from your post. You could say that the Karoake was charged by the hour, if they charge by time. If you pay a fixed amount for a room for the evening, then youcould say a 'flat fee' for a room. ;-)

In Japan, we pay by the hour. :D In some places, though, the size and/or theme of the room cost a bit more than the cost of an average room. Pictures of the rooms are usually posted on the wall or at the front counter, where you come in. When deciding on a room, we usually point at the picture and ask, "What's the price/How much? Do you charge by the hour, by the room, or both?" :D

shane

Member Type
Student or Learner
Here, they tend to use pictures from other establishments in order to attract customers.

I won't even mention the one with the huge picture of a transvestite outside... ;)

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
In the UK, Karaoke is generally a question of getting immensely drunk and having no shame. ;-)

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
billy said:
hi,
it's me again , two more questions:

1. I ofen heard people say: ........., though.
what does that though mean ? and how do I use it properly ?

2. I went sing Karaoke with a couple of my friends last week, I wanted to know that how it was charged , by rooms or by times. but I didn't know how to say it at the time.. So , can you teach me how to say that ?

thank you in advance !

If not charged by time, a charge in the US would be a cover charge, an admission fee/charge, or a music/entertainment fee/charge. :wink:

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: thank you

billy said:
I guess I have been learning new things from you since I signed up here.

thank you all for your help ! :D

You're welcome, Billy. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.