MSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacknomi

Key Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Member Type
Student or Learner
"I wish we could talk, not just type," he complained ____ the MSN.

Does 'on' fit in the context?
 

Casiopea

VIP Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2003
Member Type
Other
blacknomi said:
"I wish we could talk, not just type," he complained ____ the MSN.

Does 'on' fit in the context?

Yup. :up: On (the) MSN (chat board).
 

blacknomi

Key Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Member Type
Student or Learner
What if I hook a microphone on my PC, and I use MSN as a medium so that i can chat with my frined there. I though this could function as a phone.

Doesn't 'over' work? :D
 

Casiopea

VIP Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2003
Member Type
Other
blacknomi said:
What if I hook a microphone on my PC, and I use MSN as a medium so that i can chat with my frined there. I though this could function as a phone.

Doesn't 'over' work? :D

The internet, TV, radio, and the phone are all mediums, so use "on". :D
 

Taka

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
Depending on the context, "through" is also possible, I think.
 

Francois

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2004
Casiopea said:
blacknomi said:
What if I hook a microphone on my PC, and I use MSN as a medium so that i can chat with my frined there. I though this could function as a phone.

Doesn't 'over' work? :D

The internet, TV, radio, and the phone are all mediums, so use "on". :D
Right, but that doesn't mean you cannot use 'over' w/ some of them eg.

Cambridge Dicts said:
They spoke over the phone.
We heard the news over the radio.

FRC
 

shane

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2003
Member Type
Student or Learner
I guess it's just down to personal taste. I've never heard anyone say over MSN; only on MSN. That was just when referring to chat though. ;)

I've heard these used:

'I'll send you that file through MSN'
'I'll send that picture over MSN'
'I'll talk to you later on MSN'
'Do you ever chat on MSN?'


As you can see, I use MSN a lot. ;)
 

blacknomi

Key Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Member Type
Student or Learner
shane said:
'I'll send you that file through MSN'
'I'll send that picture over MSN'

As you can see, I use MSN a lot. ;)


Hi shane,

What makes you to use "through" with file while "over" with picture? I can see you from your sig, it seems like you have the whole world under your feet. 8) :D
 

shane

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2003
Member Type
Student or Learner
I guess they mean they send the file through the process that is MSN. I'm not sure, I don't use it myself. ;)
 

Francois

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2004
'I'll send you that file through MSN'
'I'll send that picture over MSN'
'I'll talk to you later on MSN'
'Do you ever chat on MSN?'
Yes, they all sound fine to me, and that's what I had in mind for 'over', or even 'through".
TY,

FRC
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top