Need a very specific word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drendal

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi all,

I am unsure if this is the correct thread to post this in so bear with me if I made a mistake. My question is, I've been tasked to create a name of a new scheme that my company is intending to implement. Essentially, the scheme is just to dangle a certain monetary amount to interested people to take up a specified job. The scheme's name is something along the lines of Subject __ Scheme where the blank is the word which I have been wrecking my brains over for the past few hours. It has to be of a positive meaning, yet it cannot be too obvious that we are solely using money as an incentive. Words like privlege/award/bonus/specialization/grant have been rejected. Also the word cannot convey the meaning that the applicants are privlege in a sense as we already have a seperate scheme for people who meet certain criteria.

I know this request sounds kind of weird but I'll gladly accept any contribution.
I thank you for your time.

Regards,
Drendal.

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Subject Uptake Scheme

Drendal

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi all,

I thank you for your replies and suggestions. I have tried the word incentive before and apparently the higher ups think it makes the carrot-on-a-stick idea too obvious. lol. They'd like something along the lines of engagement but for the life of me and the thesaurus, I can't find a suitable word.. :-(

Anglika

No Longer With Us
Member Type
Other
If "Incentive" is out, here are some other ideas:

Subject Alliance Scheme
Subject Affinity Scheme
Subject Concord Scheme
Subject Collaboration Scheme
Subject Covenant Scheme
Subject Impetus Scheme
Subject Motivation Scheme