Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I've been struggling to connect the following two simple sentences into one better looking sentence, with no success:

1. The results are presented in Table 1 for aircraft xxx.

and, to modify this xxx:

2. xxx are all we can find that (this is where it gets awkward) we have data yyy of.

meaning, xxx are naturally only some of the aircraft that exist in the world, but we cannot do an exhaustive research with every single one of them because critical data yyy is only available for aircraft type xxx.....

I hope I've made myself clear...It's really awkward when you know what you wish to express but felt unable to do so properly...

Thanks in advance

Banned
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I've been struggling to connect the following two simple sentences into one better looking sentence, with no success:

1. The results are presented in Table 1 for aircraft xxx.

and, to modify this xxx:

2. xxx are all we can find that (this is where it gets awkward) we have data yyy of.

meaning, xxx are naturally only some of the aircraft that exist in the world, but we cannot do an exhaustive research with every single one of them because critical data yyy is only available for aircraft type xxx.....

I hope I've made myself clear...It's really awkward when you know what you wish to express but felt unable to do so properly...

Thanks in advance
The yyy results for aircraft xxx, which is the only aircraft for which yyy data are available, are presented in table 1.

Spetsnaz26

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
sounds a lot more natural this way, thanks.

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
If you need to shorten it, you could do this:
The yyy results for aircraft xxx, the only aircraft...

Status
Not open for further replies.