New Members - Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alanloashe

Hi

Hi,
My name is Alan and I currently teaching kindergatren In Chengdu, China.
This week I am starting to teach adults too.
The only thing I find VERY difficult is thinking of games and activities for the youngest kindy kids, ie below three and a half years old.
If anyone has any pointers, PLEASE let me know.
Alan

Casiopea

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Re: Hi

alanloashe said:
Hi,
My name is Alan and I currently teaching kindergatren In Chengdu, China.
This week I am starting to teach adults too.
The only thing I find VERY difficult is thinking of games and activities for the youngest kindy kids, ie below three and a half years old.
If anyone has any pointers, PLEASE let me know.
Alan

Welcome :hi:

First, go on-line and do a search using the words pre-school lessons. There's a ton of stuff on how to teach preschoolers. :D Don't let the language terms EFL/ESL confuse you. Look for anything that explains how to teach young children. Since they're little folks, it's best to focus on learning, anything, especially simple/basic concepts like, colors, numbers, and animals is the best. There is not much they can do (i.e., motor skills) and there's not a whole lot about the world they know at this point, so they're like little sponges! Preschoolers love to sing, so get out your song book! They also love to color and to make crafts. They also love puppets and anything that's cute and sweet. TPR (Total Physical Response (e.g., Touch your nose, turn around, stand up, sit down, say, "Hello!", clap your hands) is always a floor stomper! They also love to have their name written in English, so get out some name tags and make a few (thousand!). It could be a class project. You write out the names and they color the cards. These are three year-olds were talking about so go slow, have fun, and let them play at English. Lastly, check out a site called Genki English. :wink: The FREE songs and games listed there have proven to be very successful, especially for EFL teachers in Asia.

All the best, :D

Reemani

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
United Arab Emirates
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
Hello, this is Reemani, a new member in here. Before I introduce myself, I would say that I'm so proud to be one of you, and all the thank goes to my friend who is the one who introduced me to this site, and she is one of you.
Now, I thisnk it's time for me to introduce myself, and I don't know what to say. I'm an English student, who likes English very much; I like my friends and i like all people who like me. As hobbies, I like writing and reading; I like sports, football, basketball and tennis. I like my teachers and instructors, and I like to trouble them, that why some call me [Trouble Maker] Never mind, I enjoy ,y timehanging around with my friends, and I like to have small conversations with my teachers.
That's for now, who knows what comes next?

C

Cute girl

Hi everyone :wink: ,

I'm a new member in here, from the UAE "Dubai", in my second year of college, and my major is Business Admin.

I found this forum so0o useful in improving my English skills , and i decided to be part of it :roll: .

Latoof

Hi Cute Girl,
Welcome to this forum and I am sure you are going to enjoy it.
I am from the UAE too.
Nice to meet you. :lol:

ion Joe

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
The forum has been changed? I'm not familiar now.

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
We changed the software. It has all of the old functionality and a lot more. Give it a day or two.:mrgreen:

Red5

Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
:hi:

Welcome to UsingEnglish.com Laura! :)

D

Dark Angle

Hi Everybody,

As you know my nickname is Dark Angle, I'm 20 years old, from United Arab Emirates. I'm studying at Higher College of Technology and the main language for studing there is English.

well, I joined this forum for two main reasons. Firstly, I want to improve my english skills, which will help me in my studying and my life too!

Secondly, I want to make friendship with you all, that if you want to. ;-)

Dark Angle.

Red5

Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
:hi: I'm sure we can help you out with your English skills, and I hope you will make some friends here! We are a freindly bunch, so please join in and take part.

;-)

D

Dark Angle

Thank you Red5 and your few words are really motivating me to learn english more and more. :hi:

N

Nahualli

Hi there.. I'm a little late in posting this, but I hadn't seen this thread until now. My name is Nahualli, although in a past life I think my name was Marco. ;) Currently I live in San Francisco but I was born and raised in good old Los Angeles. Even though I am American by birth, my primary language is Spanish. I was raised in an all-Spanish household and I learned English in school, albeit with some difficulty. My parents were foresighted enough to know that not only would we learn English in school eventually, but that we should also hang on to our primary toungue, and I cannot thank them enough to this day for doing just that.

Growing up my mother tried to nurture both the English and Spanish speaking worlds we were growing up in. She tried going to night school but our large family kept her away from learning English and to this day both my parents have a terrible grasp of the English language, sadly they never achieved the bilingual ability they imparted to us. However, again understanding her own shortcomings, my mother gave me a choice : Read me the Bible out loud, or read me and English dictionary out loud. I chose the dictionary. :) I didn't know what half the words meant but by the age of 10 I was reading Webster's Collegiate Dictionary to my mother while she worked about the kitchen preparing our meals. I think this is where I got my love of languages from.

Admittedly I didn't do too well in school. Not for lack of smarts, just for lack on interest. I went through high school and college with a really high GPA but found absolutely nothing of interest to me except for a few semesters of linguistics I did. I was in love. Even so, I ended up dropping out and hiding in the IT sector to eke out a living that way instead. Nowadays I work for a global investment bank doing corporate IT, I really don't like it very much but it pays the rent which is cool.

At some point I decided it was time to chase my passion again, and I came back with a vengeance. Right now I'm studying Russian in school and home-studying classical Nahuatl (my heritage is Azteca). I don't really know what I want to do with all this information, frankly I'd be happy just to learn it. I like to talk to people, and I like listening. I like learning something that makes you a little more aware of the world around you, discovering hidden nuances and meaning in simple everyday phrases that don't translate well into English. I enjoy the thrill of learning and getting closer to other people in the world whom I may not have a single thing in common except for the languages we speak. I've always considered language as the basis of human civilization. It's beyond important to me to understand it, it's necessary to understand it.

Well, that's my story, more or less. Not much to read I guess but that's about all there is to it.

Cheers!

-Nah-

hopechest

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi.

I’m not new, although my posts are few and far in between, and I never properly introduced myself here. I’m a native English speaker, although that’s not to say I actually know English. It’s been my experience that natives of any language speak it fluently but not necessarily properly; when it comes to knowing the rules and such they’re lacking. Anyway, I’m here because I enjoy writing, and this forum has proven a valuable resource. So thank you everyone for your help, past, present, and future

N

Neurotica

Hi all!

Greetings there!

I came across your forum after downloading English Manager. I got hooked up right there. A forum dedicated to English learners... I'm an American accent trainer in a call center. I meet loads of people with different accents. Learning the language itself and forging an accent, be it American, British, Australian or South African is something else.

ATTN TO ADMIN:
I went around and couldn't find where to include the signature. Could you please give a step by step walkthrough?

I'm gonna love it out here!

Regards,

Neurotica.

M

Mrs. Summer

Bula from tropical Fiji, also known as "The Isles of Smiles!"

I love this site! As an American English teacher for the past 16 years, (who has been fortunate enough to teach in South America, India, Korea, Thailand and Fiji,) I have found UsingEnglish.com to be my most important resource for tips and lessons, as well as encouragement and fellowship with other teachers and students.

My email bill is SKYROCKETING!

I am happy to help any students with questions on grammar, pronunciation and modern idioms.

Check out my website (Korean language but has an English link) at http://www.fijienglish.com or email me here!

The sun is shining and we are off to surf the perfect wave at Cloudbreak.

More later!

Status
Not open for further replies.