Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello All!

On some page, I want to write that I have good knowledge of computer networks, I am interested in programming, and I like to use cloud services. Will it be normal to omit the two last occurences of "I"? I mean the following sentence: "I have good knowledge of computer networks, am interested in programming, and like to use cloud services." Is this sentence correct? Is it comfortably readable for native speakers?

Thank you if you answer.

Lynxear

Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Hello All!

On some page, I want to write that I have good knowledge of computer networks, I am interested in programming, and I like to use cloud services. Will it be normal to omit the two last occurences of "I"? I mean the following sentence: "I have good knowledge of computer networks, am interested in programming, and like to use cloud services." Is this sentence correct? Is it comfortably readable for native speakers?

Thank you if you answer.

Before I comment on your sentence, I must know what the writing is for. Are you creating a job resume? Are you creating a covering letter to respond to an advertisement of a job opportunity? If this is not the case, what is your purpose?

Alexander7

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Before I comment on your sentence, I must know what the writing is for. Are you creating a job resume? Are you creating a covering letter to respond to an advertisement of a job opportunity? If this is not the case, what is your purpose?

I thought that it would a part of a short post in LinkedIn that would inform people that I am looking for a job.

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I would use a good knowledge. If you say that you are interested in programming, you do not tell us what your skills are. This does not sound like someone who is looking for a job, though the omission of subjects is fine.