English Teacher
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Hi everyone,

I have been teaching online classes to a young learners.There are nearly 20 students in every online lesson.Generally, first 10 minutes go very well.However, after that students are getting bored.Sometimes, it is difficult to motivate students again.I try to motivate them with interesting activities, but it doesn't work all the time.I need your suggestions for this.What can be done to keep students in a lesson ?

Last edited:

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
What are you doing to motivate them?

hasanburakcanekici

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
What are you doing to motivate them?
They like listening to music.That's why when I realize that they are bored, I play a song that they like.Also, sometimes we play a word game.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi, everyone.

I have been teaching online classes [STRIKE]with a[/STRIKE] to young learners. space after a full stop There are nearly 20 students in every online lesson. space after a full stop Generally, the first 10 minutes [STRIKE]are going[/STRIKE] go very well. space after a full stop However, after that, the students [STRIKE]are getting[/STRIKE] start to get bored. space after a full stop Sometimes, it is difficult to motivate the students again. space after a full stop I try to motivate them with interesting activities, but it doesn't work all the time. space after a full stop I need your suggestions [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to help me with this. space after a full stop What can be done to keep students interested in a lesson?

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Please note my corrections above. You seem to struggle with spacing around punctuation. Here are the basic rules:
- Put a space after every full stop, comma, question mark and exclamation mark.
- Do not put a space before a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.

You also need to work on your use of articles. You omitted three obligatory definite articles and you incorrectly included one indefinite article.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
They like listening to music. space after a full stop That's why, when I realize that they are bored, I play a song [STRIKE]which[/STRIKE] that they like. space after a full stop Also, sometimes we play a word game.

emsr2d2