passive

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

in fact I don't find a passive form to use to turn a sentence that has a verb in the present perfect continous tense(have/has + been + v-ing) from active into passive so I always answer the question"what is the passive form from the present perfect continous?"as it is the same as the passive form from the present perfect simple itself. Could anyone correct my information,please?

riverkid

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
in fact I don't find a passive form to use to turn a sentence that has a verb in the present perfect continous tense(have/has + been + v-ing) from active into passive so I always answer the question"what is the passive form from the present perfect continous?"as it is the same as the passive form from the present perfect simple itself. Could anyone correct my information,please?

Could you give some examples, Unreg?

Buddhaheart

Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
You could be right. There’re 12 tenses in the active voice, but only 8 in the passive. We don’t have passive for future continuous (that being one) and present, past and future perfect continuous (that being 3). As can be seen, PPC is one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.