Exciting news! With our new Ad-Free Premium Subscription you can enjoy a distraction-free browsing experience while supporting our site's growth. Without ads, you have less distractions and enjoy faster page load times. Upgrade is optional. Find out more here, and enjoy ad-free learning with us!
I have the statement like that to present in x-bar scheme, if any one willing to help, I'll be grateful:
The detectives have all read the letter in the garden shed after lunch.
I don't know if it makes any sense:
1.statement branches into NP [the detectives] and VP [all read the letters in the garden shed after lunch]
2. NP branches into: Det. [the] and N [detectives]
3. VP branches into: Specif. [all] and V" [read the letter in the garden shed after lunch]
4. V" branches into: V' [read the letter in the garden] and AdvP [after lunch]
5. V' branches into: V' [read the letter] and PP [in the garden]
6. V' branches into: V [read] and NP [the letter]
And one more what with 'all' in this statement to what it belongs to NP or VP?