please check on my paragraph...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Ok, I have decided to practice writing so I can improve my writing skills. So if there are mistakes please excuse my gibberish writing.

I have to say that I'm very regret for not putting much effort on learning when i was in school. I never really tried in school or I should say on anything that I did. But today I'm here to ask everyone of you to help me on my English. I have told myself that I will practice writing once a while, but so far I have not done nor try anything to improve my English. From now on I will try to sharpen my tools and start learning English from this forum. I do wish I could have someone to communicate or write to (AIM messages, MSN, ect.). So, if anyone are interested please let me know.

Ok, I guess I'm through with my rubbish paragraph. Please check it whenever you are available. Thank you. (and I do mean it about the communicate part)

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I have to say that I'm very regret for not putting much effort on learning when i was in school.

I would change this a bit:

I have to say that I deeply regret not putting much effort into learning when I was at school.

This is because 'regret' isn't an adjective. You could use 'regretful', but that doesn't sound as natural to me. Welcome to the forum. I will have a look at the rest of the paragraph in a minute when I have time. :)

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I never really tried in school or I should say on anything that I did.
Perhaps:
  • I never made much of an effort in school or, really, at anything I have done.

:)

C

Chizu

alright thanks, hmm... I just noticed that i have two stars!!! how did that happen?

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Chizu said:
alright thanks, hmm... I just noticed that i have two stars!!! how did that happen?

It's based on the number of posts you makes. I'm not sure how it works it out,though. ;-)

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
But today I'm here to ask everyone of you to help me on my English.
Say:
  • But today I'm here to ask everyone of you to help me with my English.
I have told myself that I will practice writing once a while, but so far I have not done nor try anything to improve my English.
Say:
  • I have told myself that I will practice writing once a while, but so far I have not done anything to improve my English.
From now on I will try to sharpen my tools and start learning English from this forum.
Say:
  • From now on I will try to sharpen my tools and start learning English on this forum.
Or:
  • From now on I will try to sharpen my tools and start learning English from the people on this forum.
I do wish I could have someone to communicate or write to (AIM messages, MSN, ect.). So, if anyone are interested please let me know.
Say:
  • I do wish I could have someone to communicate with or write to (AIM messages, MSN, ect.). So, if anyone is interested, please let me know.
The word anyone is considered singular.

:)

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You're quite welcome.