please check this sentence

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Mary, thank you for your offer to help. I will speak to my boss about it so in the meanwhile, please hold off talking to our manager.

thank you

Unwritten

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Palestinian Territory
Current Location
Palestinian Territory
Mary, thank you for offering me help. I will speak to my boss about it. so [STRIKE]in the [/STRIKE]meanwhile,hold off talking to our manager please.

Thank you

Just a question!
Is "my boss" is himself "our manager" ?
If it is. I recommend U to use one of them. So either U say: "my boss", "our boss" or U say: "my manager" , "our manager".

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Mary, thank you for your offer to help. I will speak to my boss about it so in the meanwhile, please hold off talking to our manager.

thank you

Mary, thank you for your offer of help (or thank you for offering to help me). I will speak to my boss about it. In the meantime, please don't speak to our manager (about it).

Like the last poster, I assume that the "boss" and the "manager" are two different people. If not, then don't use two different words for them. Is the "manager" both your manager and Mary's manager. If so, then "our manager" is fine. If not, then it should be "your manager" or "my manager".

The reason I have added (about it) at the end is because I assume that you are not instructing Mary not to talk to the manager at all in the meantime, simply not to talk to him/her about this specific subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.