Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
What he says and does has an immediate clout upon his colleagues in the company. He treats his employees as the members of his family, thinking what they think, and doing what they do. Only can a good leader bring out good employees. An ordinary word that he delivers is the answer that all of us have been looking for -- By together promoting team-spirit, our company shall boom as a matter of course.

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
NewHope said:
What he says and does has an immediate impact\ or carries weight with upon his colleagues in the company. He treats his employees as the - deletemembers of his family, thinking what they think, and doing what they do. Only a good leader can bring the best out of their employees. An simple word that he utters is the answer that all of us have been looking for. By promoting together team-spirit, our company shall boom as a matter of course.

NewHope

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Nice Tdol.

Only a puzzle remians: Regarding "Only a good leader can bring the best out of their employees" , I wonder why "their" should not be "his/her"?

L

Love Sasa

I think that "their" is used because although it is plural, it can indicate neutral gender.

~Sasa

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I agree with Sas- you can say 'his ir her', but many prefer 'their' because it is simpler to use when we don't know the gender.;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.