Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
The view ---- our window must be one of the best anywhere ---- the town.

A) in / over
B) through / of
C) from / in
D) down / outside
E) by / above

Well, clearly the correct answer is C, but I wonder which options are possible in the first blank and which in the second. For example, can we say "The view down/by/through our window ..."?

fromatto

Member Type
English Teacher

A) in / over
B) through / of
C) from / in
D) down / outside
E) by / above

Well, clearly the correct answer is C, but I wonder which options are possible in the first blank and which in the second. For example, can we say "The view down/by/through our window ..."?

No and no. Only C is correct. ('from' our window is acceptable but strange).

Last edited:

banderas

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
UK

A) in / over
B) through / of
C) from / in
D) down / outside
E) by / above

How about "view out of our window"?:-?

vil

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bulgarian
Home Country
Bulgaria
Current Location
Bulgaria
Attention: I'm not a teacher.

Hi Trex,

In my humble opinion, there is only one proper answer namely c. “From our window” sounds very acceptable and even
Up to par (satisfactory, up to a given standard).

There is also my standpoint concerning the mentioned above preposition “out”. ("view out of our window").

My window looks out on the sea. (not "the view)

But the rights of the case are different.

May I have your attention, please? You could take into consideration the following examples:

The view from my window. What I see is what you get.

Take a photo of the view from your window.

“View from my window" can be interpreted in many ways, feel free to do that. Please take a photograph that you feel fits within the competition name, it could be the view from your house, office, football stadium(!) etc.

The view taken from my front window, I look at this view everyday, to me it seems very French.

Taken from my living room window in Yorkton, Saskatchewan. I took it because the sky was unlike any I'd seen before. It was hailing only minutes earlier.

I took this picture from the window of my truck in the summer of 2006. I was passing by this fire as I was headed to my fire station so I could be sent back to this fire to fight it. Though it burned about 5000 acres, it sure did make for a pretty sunset!

A photo of the sunrise from my apartment window. I ran to snap this picture one morning in my pj's and bare feet while I was finishing up work (third shift), the sky was just plastered with color and it was so beautiful. I may hate my apartment, but the view isn't always all bad.

View from my Window -

Regards.

V.

Status
Not open for further replies.