Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hello Everyone,:)

Last year due to economy woes, China Central Bank, increased the amount of interest rate difference between saving and loan. Since then almost all banks in China gained huge profits, and the senior administrator are paid incredibly higher as awards. One economic expert makes the claimation in a article titled "the huge amounts of income paid to the executives should be awarded to Mr. Zhou Xiaochuan, President of China Central Bank." as it is the central bank that actually has brought the profitable banking industry. Could you give the passage a precise and accurate title here according to my rough translation?

Regards

Sky:)

Anglika

No Longer With Us
Member Type
Other
Hello Everyone,:)

Last year due to economy woes, China Central Bank, increased the amount of interest rate difference between saving and loan. Since then almost all banks in China gained huge profits, and the senior administrator are paid incredibly higher as awards. One economic expert makes the claimation in a article titled "the huge amounts of income paid to the executives should be awarded to Mr. Zhou Xiaochuan, President of China Central Bank." as it is the central bank that actually has brought the profitable banking industry. Could you give the passage a precise and accurate title here according to my rough translation?

Regards

Sky:)

The President of China Central Bank, Mr. Zhou Xiaochuan, ought to be paid as much as other bank presidents.

The President of China Central Bank, Mr. Zhou Xiaochuan, deserves as much salary as other bank presidents.

Soup

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
China
What about?
  • China Central Bank President left unrewarded

:-D;-)

sky753

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
The President of China Central Bank, Mr. Zhou Xiaochuan, ought to be paid as much as other bank presidents.

The President of China Central Bank, Mr. Zhou Xiaochuan, deserves as much salary as other bank presidents.

Can I say :" NO AWARD FOR THE EXCUTIVES, BUT FOR MR. ZHOUXIAOCHUAN"? as I feel the title here is most correspond to the original Chinese.:)

Anglika

No Longer With Us
Member Type
Other
Can I say :" NO AWARD FOR THE EXECUTIVES, BUT FOR MR. ZHOUXIAOCHUAN"? as I feel the title here is most correspond to the original Chinese.:)

It doesn't quite seem to reflect what you said in your first post.

Building on Soup's suggestion, how about:

China Central Bank President should be rewarded

OR

China Central Bank President deserves more

Soup

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
China
Hi sky753

Here's how it should read:

EXECUTIVES ONLY, BUT NO AWARD FOR MR. ZHOUXIAOCHUAN?

or

EXECUTIVES AWARDED, NOT MR ZHOUXIAOCHUAN.

sky753

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi sky753

Here's how it should read:

EXECUTIVES ONLY, BUT NO AWARD FOR MR. ZHOUXIAOCHUAN?

or

EXECUTIVES AWARDED, NOT MR ZHOUXIAOCHUAN.

THANKS,ANGLICAN'S tiltlt corresponds to we Chinese taste more, I feel, your title takes on the character of native English. :)

Both of you gives the reply by intuition instead of more thinking about it ,I guess. How I wish I had the intuition like you!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.