punctuating

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

missyc

Hi. Could you tell me how to properly punctuate this? Do I need the commas in these two sentences before the last "and?" Would the same go for the word "or?"

This afternoon she will be sent down for a chest x-ray, as well as a pelvis x-ray, and right hip x-ray. We will plan for a CBC, plus a sodium, potassium, BUN and creatinine.

Thanks, and I am very happy to have found your board.

Missy C

Casiopea

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
missyc said:
Hi. Could you tell me how to properly punctuate this? Do I need the commas in these two sentences before the last "and?" Would the same go for the word "or?"

This afternoon she will be sent down for a chest x-ray, as well as a pelvis x-ray, and right hip x-ray. We will plan for a CBC, plus a sodium, potassium, BUN and creatinine.

Thanks, and I am very happy to have found your board.

Missy C

Welcome. :hi:

The comma after 'pelvis' is not necessary, and if 'BUN and 'creatinine' are not related, then place an Oxford comma after 'BUN', to show that they are separate things.

This afternoon she will be sent down for a chest x-ray, as well as a pelvis x-ray and right hip x-ray. We will plan for a CBC, plus a sodium, potassium, BUN, and creatinine / potassium, BUN and creatinine.

All the best, :D

Status
Not open for further replies.