Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Catalan
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
In the following sentence: I felt more with those earlier films that I was just doing my job, and I didn't enjoy them quite as much, what does it mean and I didn't enjoy them quite as much?

Does it mean "Impossible to enjoy them more intensely"?

Thank You :-D:up:

susiedqq

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The context would help explain it more, but I will try. Is this an actor speaking?

I felt more, with those earlier films, that I was just doing my job, and I didn't enjoy them quite as much

"just doing my job" means that he worked in the films, but was not enjoying it or putting much into it.

"And I didn't enjoy them quite as much" because he was not that into the work; he was not committed to the story or trying his best.

Bushwhacker

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Catalan
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
The context would help explain it more, but I will try. Is this an actor speaking?

I felt more, with those earlier films, that I was just doing my job, and I didn't enjoy them quite as much

"just doing my job" means that he worked in the films, but was not enjoying it or putting much into it.

"And I didn't enjoy them quite as much" because he was not that into the work; he was not committed to the story or trying his best.

Thank You very much. Now I understand and I see I was misunderstanding the right meaning. It's a director who talks. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.