reply urgently required!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kutekool_22

I have a quetion for Tdol or Ronbee.....which one of these two statements are the right one.
"I HAVE A BITTER DISPUTE OVER MONEY" or this one"I HAVE SOME HARSH DISPUTE OVER MONEY"
I look forward for ya'r reply...please reply as soon as possible..thank you..

henry

kutekool_22 said:
I have a quetion for Tdol or Ronbee.....which one of these two statements are the right one.
"I HAVE A BITTER DISPUTE OVER MONEY" or this one"I HAVE SOME HARSH DISPUTE OVER MONEY"

Waiting.

:)

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
kutekool_22 said:

The adjective "bitter" works better with "dispute", but the sentence doesn't work with "I". A dispute is a debate or argument, which requires another person (unless you are schizophrenic :!: ).

We are having a bitter dispute over/about money, and our language has been harsh. :wink:

K

kutekool_22

MikeNewYork said:
kutekool_22 said:

The adjective "bitter" works better with "dispute", but the sentence doesn't work with "I". A dispute is a debate or argument, which requires another person (unless you are schizophrenic :!: ).

We are having a bitter dispute over/about money, and our language has been harsh. :wink:
Thank ya so much Mike but, still I have a question..if I'm gonna place HARSH instead of BITTER( as both have same meaningat some extent)It will be correct or not?

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
kutekool_22 said:
MikeNewYork said:
kutekool_22 said:

Thank ya so much Mike but, still I have a question..if I'm gonna place HARSH instead of BITTER( as both have same meaningat some extent)It will be correct or not?

I don't think "harsh" fits very well there, but I would understand the meaning. :wink:

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I agree with Mike- 'bitter dispute' is an expression we use. I wouldn't use 'harsh' in this sentence.;-)

K

kutekool_22

tdol said:
I agree with Mike- 'bitter dispute' is an expression we use. I wouldn't use 'harsh' in this sentence.;-)
Thanks Mike and Tdol for helping me once again.Tdol I was busy with my studies that's why I couldn't get much time to come online and to use net.
As Ronbee has given me one assignment, which is still pending but as soon as I get free I will complete it until then take care bye!!

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
kutekool_22 said:
tdol said:
Thanks Mike and Tdol for helping me once again.Tdol I was busy with my studies that's why I couldn't get much time to come online and to use net.
As Ronbee has given me one assignment, which is still pending but as soon as I get free I will complete it until then take care bye!!

You're welcome, Kute. :wink:

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
See you soon.;-)

K

kutekool_22

How can I do speech?

tdol said:
See you soon.;-)
ok here I'm once again.How about every one over here? I would like to ask you about "SPEECH" in an school function, I'd like to do an inaugural speech.So can you pls help? That, what is the appropriate way to do speech? Can you please give me some outline in this respect?
will be waiting for replying, until then take care ba bye.
:lilangel:

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: How can I do speech?

kutekool_22 said:
tdol said:
See you soon.;-)
ok here I'm once again.How about every one over here? I would like to ask you about "SPEECH" in an school function, I'd like to do an inaugural speech.So can you pls help? That, what is the appropriate way to do speech? Can you please give me some outline in this respect?

If it is an inaugural speech, you have been elected or installed in some office. It is normal to first welcome any dignitaries (school principal, etc.), special attendees (parents, school board, etc.), and then the body of interest (fellow students etc.). Then, it is nice to thank the people who supported you. If there were other candidates, you could then say something nice about them (if there is anything nice to say).

After that, a short summary of your ideas and your goals is order. Then more thank yous and some pledges make a good ending.

Remember the following:

Speak loudly so that everyone will hear you.
Speak clearly so that everyone will understand you.
Speak briefly so that everyone will love you.

:lol:

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Signal that you are closing so people know. Often speech trail off and no one is sure if they have finished. ;-)

K

kutekool_22

tdol said:
Signal that you are closing so people know. Often speech trail off and no one is sure if they have finished. ;-)
Oh! thank you so much for helping me once again.I'll be careful about the given stuff.And hope that I'll do well.
will catch you with something new untill then take care.bye!!

K

kutekool_22

MikeNewYork said:
kutekool_22 said:
tdol said:
See you soon.;-)

If it is an inaugural speech, you have been elected or installed in some office. It is normal to first welcome any dignitaries (school principal, etc.), special attendees (parents, school board, etc.), and then the body of interest (fellow students etc.). Then, it is nice to thank the people who supported you. If there were other candidates, you could then say something nice about them (if there is anything nice to say).

After that, a short summary of your ideas and your goals is order. Then more thank yous and some pledges make a good ending.

Remember the following:

Nothing much except to say thank you so much Mike.So nice of you. :lilangel:

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

kutekool_22 said:
MikeNewYork said:
kutekool_22 said:
tdol said:
See you soon.;-)

Remember the following:

Nothing much except to say thank you so much Mike.So nice of you. :lilangel:

You're very welcome. We are always happy to help. To what position were you elected? :wink:

K

kutekool_22

You're very welcome. We are always happy to help. To what position were you elected? :wink:[/quote]
Yes!here I am once again, and asusual have a question"WHAT IS THE RULE OR PROCEDURE FOR THE FORMATION OF NOUN" e:g =Adjective is young and its Noun is (youngster)
But how? I am getting bit confuse.Can you please help me and tell me the appropriate way for the formation of noun.
will be thankfull !

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I'm afraid there are many ways of making nouns- we can often add suffixes like -ness, -ity, tion.

Status
Not open for further replies.