Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Please take a view to my sentences.
Even though I have to admit that I had reservations at the beginning, the business was still worthwhile for me.
Although I have to admit that I initially had reservations, the business was still worthwhile for me.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Please take a [STRIKE]view to[/STRIKE] look at my sentences.
Although/Even though [STRIKE]I have to admit that[/STRIKE] I had reservations at the beginning, the business was still worthwhile for me.
or
[STRIKE]Although[/STRIKE] I have to admit that I initially had reservations, but the business was still worthwhile for me.

britfan

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Although I have to admit that I initially had reservations, but the business was still worthwhile for me.
I don't see the point why this sentence is wrong.

What about this sentence for example?
Although I have to admit when I was young I did believe that prosperity would trickle down to everyone.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
You need to pay closer attention to your punctuation to avoid potential problems with your sentences. For example, consider using a semicolon in the first sentence or even splitting it into two sentences.
Although, I have to admit that I initially had reservations; but the business was still worthwhile for me.
or
Although, I have to admit that I initially had reservations. However, the business was still worthwhile for me.

What about this sentence for example?
Although, I have to admit when I was young I did believe that prosperity would trickle down to everyone.
See above.

GoesStation

Staff member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I would not use a comma after although. The near synonym however would require one.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Perhaps, but I think it's useful in such sentences to clarify that the intended meaning is not even though.