Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
I am reading W. Trevor shortstory on a blind piano tuner. Below is a description of his wife since he has no vision.

"Bat Conlon had the forehead of the Merricks’ retriever, which was stroked every time the Merricks’ Broadwood was attended to"

I guess "retriever" means "dog" ? If so what is action when "Dog Stroke"? Or Retriever is a part inside a piano. It is because Broadwood is piano manufacturer.
Please could someone answer. Thanks!

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I am reading W. Trevor shortstory on a blind piano tuner. Below is a description of his wife since he has no vision.

"Bat Conlon had the forehead of the Merricks’ retriever, which was stroked every time the Merricks’ Broadwood was attended to"

I guess "retriever" means "dog" ? If so what is action when "Dog Stroke"? Or Retriever is a part inside a piano. It is because Broadwood is piano manufacturer.
Please could someone answer. Thanks!
Yes, Merricks' retriever is their dog; Merricks' Broadwood is their piano.
If Bat Conlon is the blind piano tuner, this is a description (of Bat) by his wife; it's not a description of his wife.
I'm not sure if it was Bat's forehead or the retriever which was stroked though.

Status
Not open for further replies.