Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Catalan
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Does "Somebody returning to expert form" mean he's back with full stamina to do whatever he must? Say, in good form?

Bushwhacker

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Catalan
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
No help for this question?

:-(

stuartnz

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
New Zealand
Current Location
New Zealand
Does "Somebody returning to expert form" mean he's back with full stamina to do whatever he must? Say, in good form?

Two caveats. One, I'm not a teacher, and two, the context is not clear. Nevertheless, my understanding of the phrase would be that someone had lost some skill or ability they once had, and that they have now recovered that high, or expert, level of skill. To talk of someone's form is often heard in sporting contexts, so if I was discussing my favourite Catalan footballer, I could say, "Cesc Fabregas had a period of several months of poor form, but he has recently returned to expert form."

Bushwhacker

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Catalan
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Two caveats. One, I'm not a teacher, and two, the context is not clear. Nevertheless, my understanding of the phrase would be that someone had lost some skill or ability they once had, and that they have now recovered that high, or expert, level of skill. To talk of someone's form is often heard in sporting contexts, so if I was discussing my favourite Catalan footballer, I could say, "Cesc Fabregas had a period of several months of poor form, but he has recently returned to expert form."

Very grateful for your kind and useful answer. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.