run errands

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantasydew

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi everybody,
I am not a native English speaker and i would like to ask you what does this statement mean:" He run errands for the household". Can you give me a synonym for it?

Thank you for helping me!

Anglika

No Longer With Us
Member Type
Other
Welcome to the forums.

He makes short journeys to take messages or to deliver or collect something on behalf of the household.

vil

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bulgarian
Home Country
Bulgaria
Current Location
Bulgaria
Attention: I'm not a teacher.

Hi fantasydew,

We (you and I) come from the same part of the Earth. We are practically countrymen. I vouch for the truth of Anglika’s words. I have complete faith in.

There are further explanatory words concerning the matter in question.
run an errand

Go to perform a commission, as in

“I spent the morning running household errands--to the cleaners, the supermarket, the hardware store.“

footman

a man employed as a servant in a large establishment (as a palace) to run errands and do chores

chores A routine or minor duty or task. Daily or routine domestic tasks, especially a farmer's routine morning and evening tasks, such as feeding livestock. An unpleasant or burdensome task

As a boy I used to run errands for people for pennies, like many more did.
Next I had to run errands and to do various little jobs like drawing a pint of vinegar from a big store.
Sometimes you had to get sandwiches for other people's lunch and run errands , deliver clothes.
He will cook meals, wash floors, run errands , reap and mow crops and tend animals.
Clean his boots, run errands , lay out his clothes, prepare hot water for him to shave, serve….

Regards.

V.

Status
Not open for further replies.