Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi,

I have bought a Samsung LED view cover today and found a problem in the printed label on the back of this LED cover.
Now I want to confirm if this LED cover is genuine or not.

MANUFACTURER: SAVSUNG
MADE IN KOREA / FABRIQUÉ EN CORÉE

Here is the picture of the printed label:
(Deleted picture as barcodes inside can be scanned)

As you can see, it printed as "SAVSUNG" in the manufacturer.

I have doubt that it may be a typo in the printed label. But after using Google to translate this word from "French" to "English", Google shown that the word "SAVSUNG" means "SAMSUNG".

https://translate.google.com/?hl=en&tab=wT#fr/en/SAVSUNG

But I am not sure if Google translate is correct or not because most of the printed description is English.

Please help to check if "SAVSUNG" is in the correct spelling in French or is just a typo of "SAMSUNG" in English?
If the "SAVSUNG" is a typo of "SAMSUNG", then this LED cover is not genuine.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Did you try Sawsung, Saysung, Sansunh, etc. These will also translate as Samsung in English. The machine doesn't have a clue, so it guesses.
Unless there's a Savsung company, it's a typo - though I don't know whether this proves it's not genuine.

fenglish

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Did you try Sawsung, Saysung, Sansunh, etc. These will also translate as Samsung in English. The machine doesn't have a clue, so it guesses.
Unless there's a Savsung company, it's a typo - though I don't know whether this proves it's not genuine.

I have a little hope it may be not a typo as you can see in the printed label:

MANUFACTURER: SAVSUNG
MADE IN KOREA / FABRIQUÉ EN CORÉE

The "FABRIQUÉ EN CORÉE" is not English, so I guess "SAVSUNG" is using the same language as "FABRIQUÉ EN CORÉE".
But I am not sure.

I have just tried Google again, there is so much typo:

https://www.google.com/search?q=SAV...eAhUkM3wKHaSnDF44HhDy0wMIkQE&biw=1356&bih=546

Roman55

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
France
The Google translate link that you provided does not say that SAVSUNG means SAMSUNG. It suggests a translation of SAMSUNG assuming that that is what was intended, because SAVSUNG isn't recognised as a word. This is written just below the input fields: Showing translation for SAMSUNG.

Fabriqué en Corée is indeed French for Made in Korea, but remember that the internationally accepted romanization of the hangul 삼성 is Samsung, (even though it should be Samsong, but that's another matter).

Last edited:

fenglish

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
The Google translate link that you provided does not say that SAVSUNG means SAMSUNG. It suggests a translation of SAMSUNG assuming that that is what was intended, because SAVSUNG isn't recognised as a word. This is written just below the input fields: Showing translation for SAMSUNG.

Fabriqué en Corée is indeed French for Made in Korea, but remember that the internationally accepted romanization of the hangul 삼성 is Samsung, (even though it should be Samsong, but that's another matter).

Thank you, Roman55.

Note: I have deleted the original picture as all barcodes inside can still be scanned to text.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Did you buy it direct from Samsung? If so, you should take it back to where you bought it, or email Samsung, and ask if it's a genuine typo. If you bought it elsewhere, I'd be inclined to think it might be a counterfeit product.

fenglish

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Did you buy it direct from Samsung? If so, you should take it back to where you bought it, or email Samsung, and ask if it's a genuine typo. If you bought it elsewhere, I'd be inclined to think it might be a counterfeit product.

I bought it elsewhere. I have requested a full refund.