Scan ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawyii

Member Type
Other
Hi.
Reading following article, I understand the outline of what the writer wants to say, but I cannot what this "scan" means in it.

--------------
It is no longer good enough to just be the bread-winner. They have to be engaged and involved. They are expected to abstain from alcohol, attend every scan and 'feel the pain' of birth.
--------------

Would anyone kindly explain it?

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Scan or CAT scan is carried out by a doctor on pregnant women during pregnancy to observe the development of the foetus. 'Attend every scan' means going for the regular check-ups during pregnancy.

not at teacher

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Scan or CAT scan is carried out by a doctor on pregnant women during pregnancy to observe the development of the foetus. 'Attend every scan' means going for the regular check-ups during pregnancy.

not at teacher
I'm pretty sure it means Ultrasound scan. CAT scans or any X-ray-based scans are generally avoided as much as possible during pregnancy.

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I'm pretty sure it means Ultrasound scan. CAT scans or any X-ray-based scans are generally avoided as much as possible during pregnancy.

You're right, I got it mixed up. It's ultrasound for pregnancy. CAT scan is used for other organs.

Status
Not open for further replies.