Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
I resently hire a secretary, she is excellent worker but some time she was rute behaviour. He am really upset about her misbehaviour now I have decideded to fire her because she does not understand me some time.

please correct where necessary

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I recently hired a secretary. She is an excellent worker but sometimes she [STRIKE]was rute behaviour[/STRIKE] is rude.

[STRIKE]He[/STRIKE] I am now really upset about her [STRIKE]mis[/STRIKE]behaviour [STRIKE]now[/STRIKE] and I have decided to fire her because sometimes she does not understand me. [STRIKE]some time.[/STRIKE]

Please correct where necessary.

See above.

I don't know if this is a real scenario but, if so, I'm not sure that you can really fire someone because she doesn't understand you!

Last edited:

meela

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Thanks. Is it true that we can't fire anyone due to lack of understand to their bosses.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Yes, that would be very unfair!

Please note that I also just spotted a spelling mistake in your original post which I forgot to correct. Check spelling of "decided".

I will edit the original post and change the spelling in a moment.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Yes, that would be very unfair!

Please note that I also just spotted a spelling mistake in your original post which I forgot to correct. Check spelling of "decided".

I will edit the original post and change the spelling in a moment.
I think you'll find that in India he can fire her for whatever reason he likes.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I think you'll find that in India he can fire her for whatever reason he likes.

Wow, sounds like some more stringent employment laws/employee rights might be a good idea!!!

In the UK, I think you can be fired for no/any reason only during the first six months of your employment.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Wow, sounds like some more stringent employment laws/employee rights might be a good idea!!!

In the UK, I think you can be fired for no/any reason only during the first six months of your employment.
In India about 60% of the population is unemployed or underemployed. About 90% have no health or welfare benefits. Only government employees and those employed by big international companies receive any health or welfare benefits or pensions. It's a very different world.

Status
Not open for further replies.