Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
UK
Current Location
United States
Please this is my first time using the site . My question to you is if I want to write couple of sentence would you be able to correct for me the grammar vocabulary,and so on correct me on how this sentence should be written.

HanibalII

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
[STRIKE]Please[/STRIKE] Hello, this is my first time using the site . My question to you is if I want to write a couple of sentences, would you be able to correct the grammar and vocabulary for me? [STRIKE]for me the grammar vocabulary[/STRIKE],[STRIKE]and so on[/STRIKE] Please help me correct [STRIKE]me on[/STRIKE] how this sentence should be written.

Small steps. There is much to learn. Please see the changes made.

When starting a post or ending a post, it's always nice to have a greeting and a thanks.

Cheers

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Florasar, your profile says you are an English teacher. I think that must be a mistake that you need to amend, judging by the standard of your written English in your post.

Please submit work for correction to the Editing & Writing Topics forum.

I disagree with Haniballl; a greeting and thanks are unnecessary. Just click the Like button when you get an answer you find helpful.

HanibalII

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I disagree with Haniballl; a greeting and thanks are unnecessary. Just click the Like button when you get an answer you find helpful.

Having a greeting and thanks in the first post will help learners learn just as much as any reply will. It also teaches a certain etiquette that's expected when communicating in English.

Personally, I detest the 'like' feature.

I only use it because it's the only way this site will allow me to show my appreciation.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Having a greeting and thanks in the first post will help learners learn just as much as any reply will. It also teaches a certain etiquette that's expected when communicating in English.
A 'please' and/or 'thank you' in the original post are welcome, but greetings are not part of the etiquette of most Q & A forums.
Personally, I detest the 'like' feature.

I only use it because it's the only way this site will allow me to show my appreciation.
As Rover has explained so many times, “Instead of sending your thanks in a separate message, just click the Like button please.

The reason is that it is flagged as a new post, so we think you might have a follow-up question or something to add. Those of us with slow connections and/or old computers have to waste valuable time waiting for it to appear.

Thank you.”

Rover got his 'please' and 'Thank you' in, without cluttering up the thread with a time-wasting extra post.

Status
Not open for further replies.