sentences

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Could you help me, please?

- I have difficulties IN/AT/WITH math.

- There were a few good movies on TV last night in which I was interested watching.
(Is this sentence correct?)

- My sister invited me to go out with her friends and her. I decided to GO ( IS THIS GO CORRECT? OR, "decided to do so" ? "decided to go with them" ?) although I was really tired.

Thanks.

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I have difficulties IN/AT/WITH math.
Say:
  • I have difficulties with math.
There were a few good movies on TV last night in which I was interested watching.
Say:
  • There were a few good movies on TV last night which I was interested in watching.
My sister invited me to go out with her friends and her. I decided to GO ( IS THIS GO CORRECT? OR, "decided to do so" ? "decided to go with them" ?) although I was really tired.
Say:
  • I decided to go with them although I was really tired.
(Preferable is, "My sister invited me to go out with her and her friends.")

:)

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
juliano said:
Could you help me, please?

- I have difficulties IN/AT/WITH math.

If you are talking about the subject "math", "with" would be the best. If you are talking about the "class", then "in" could be used also.

There were a few good movies on TV last night in which I was interested watching.

I agree with Ron's answer.

- My sister invited me to go out with her friends and her. I decided to GO ( IS THIS GO CORRECT? OR, "decided to do so" ? "decided to go with them" ?) although I was really tired.

I agree with Ron here also, but "I decided to go" would also be acceptable. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.