Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewHope

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2004
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
What does "set" mean?
Context:
It will be difficult for Viagra to live up to expectations raised by all the stories about its effects. Even if it disappoints somewhat, Pfizer's place in health heaven is set for years to come.
(Viagra is the first FDA-approved pill to treat impotence)
 

Casiopea

VIP Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2003
Member Type
Other
NewHope said:
What does "set" mean?
Context:
It will be difficult for Viagra to live up to expectations raised by all the stories about its effects. Even if it disappoints somewhat, Pfizer's place in health heaven is set for years to come.
(Viagra is the first FDA-approved pill to treat impotence)

set in place, fixed, established. :wink:
 
N

Natalie27

Guest
NewHope said:
What does "set" mean?
Context:
It will be difficult for Viagra to live up to expectations raised by all the stories about its effects. Even if it disappoints somewhat, Pfizer's place in health heaven is set for years to come.
(Viagra is the first FDA-approved pill to treat impotence)

just a question for New Hope...where do guys find info about Viagra in China? Off the internet? How many people in your country actually know what Viagra is? Can you have it prescribed by a family doctor or a specialist?

Just curious. Hope you don't mind my questions. :eyes: :D
 
N

Natalie27

Guest
Hi New Hope,

I hope you didn't get offended by my question about Viagra but I did a study on Pfizer once and I simply want to confirm a few facts about China and Viagra.

I suppose it's OK as long as we speak English, right?

Waiting for your response.
You do live in China, right?.....
 
N

Natalie27

Guest
Natalie27 said:
Hi New Hope,

I hope you didn't get offended by my question about Viagra but I did a study on Pfizer once and I simply want to confirm a few facts about China and Viagra.

I suppose it's OK as long as we speak English, right?

Waiting for your response.
You do live in China, right?.....

whatever happened to New Hope?....are you still there????
I hope he will join us real soon for an interesting discussion about Pfeizer's Viagra.

All the best to you buddy :p :p :p :lol:
 

NewHope

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2004
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi Natalie27,

As far as I know, China's media immediately boomed the magic effect of Viagra when Viagra available in US. Why? Because Chinese people then blindly worshipped everything American, because China just opened its door to the West.

You cannot expect a doctor in China can prescribe you with Viagra. China Health Ministry ruled, soon after Viagra availabe in the US, that Viagra could not be used in China's hospitals, because its side effect and China's hospitals were not ready to deal with the emergency caused by such side effect. Also, selling viagra in China would be cnnsidered as illegal. Nevertheless, Sex shops in China all sneakily sold and sell viagra, and they all claimed and claim what they sold and sell are real viagra that was and is directly imported from the US. I've never used viagra, but asking them by curiosity. Once a seller, looking honest, told me that the viagra he sold is 100% real because the viagra was imported via a big company. But the cat got his tongue immediately when I told him that importing viagra was illegal in China so that that was impossible for the big company to import viagra.

All the best
 

Casiopea

VIP Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2003
Member Type
Other
NewHope said:
Hi Natalie27,

As far as I know, China's media immediately boomed the magic effect of Viagra when Viagra available in US. Why? Because Chinese people then blindly worshipped everything American, because China just opened its door to the West.

You cannot expect a doctor in China can prescribe you with Viagra. China Health Ministry ruled, soon after Viagra availabe in the US, that Viagra could not be used in China's hospitals, because its side effect and China's hospitals were not ready to deal with the emergency caused by such side effect. Also, selling viagra in China would be cnnsidered as illegal. Nevertheless, Sex shops in China all sneakily sold and sell viagra, and they all claimed and claim what they sold and sell are real viagra that was and is directly imported from the US. I've never used viagra, but asking them by curiosity. Once a seller, looking honest, told me that the viagra he sold is 100% real because the viagra was imported via a big company. But the cat got his tongue immediately when I told him that importing viagra was illegal in China so that that was impossible for the big company to import viagra.

All the best

Wow. :shock: Did you know, there's an Asia-Viagra.com? There's also a Chinese herb that's similar to Viagra. 8)
 

NewHope

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2004
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I deemed that is an illegal, clandestine site in the view of China govt.

In China, there was a tutor of post-doctors in traditional Chinese medicine field has been busted for producing Viagralike drug with adding something heroinlike into it.
 

Casiopea

VIP Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2003
Member Type
Other
NewHope said:
I deemed that is an illegal, clandestine site in the view of China govt.

In China, there was a tutor of post-doctors in traditional Chinese medicine field has been busted for producing Viagralike drug with adding something heroinlike into it.

My mother lives in China, daqing. Thank goodness she doesn't need Viagra. :lol:
 
N

Natalie27

Guest
NewHope said:
Hi Natalie27,

As far as I know, China's media immediately boomed the magic effect of Viagra when Viagra available in US. Why? Because Chinese people then blindly worshipped everything American, because China just opened its door to the West.

You cannot expect a doctor in China can prescribe you with Viagra. China Health Ministry ruled, soon after Viagra availabe in the US, that Viagra could not be used in China's hospitals, because its side effect and China's hospitals were not ready to deal with the emergency caused by such side effect. Also, selling viagra in China would be cnnsidered as illegal. Nevertheless, Sex shops in China all sneakily sold and sell viagra, and they all claimed and claim what they sold and sell are real viagra that was and is directly imported from the US. I've never used
viagra, but asking them by curiosity. Once a seller, looking honest, told me that the viagra he sold is 100% real because the viagra was imported via a big company. But the cat got his tongue immediately when I told him that importing viagra was illegal in China so that that was impossible for the big company to import viagra.

All the best

Thanks New Hope! I also figured that much by reading things on the internet and I still can't figure out what side effects they are talking about. Side effects that only affect Chinese people while it doesn't seem to bother anyone else ???? Since China seems to be a lot more open to the West, why are they doing this? And I am not talking about people that just want a little kick once in a while but all those who legitimately suffer from all sorts of erectile disorders. That's not fair! I guess it's a way to promote the black market in your country and it's not something you like but you don't have a choice!

I find it all very interesting. Thanks!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top