short story2 (correct it please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ٌRawwaf

Member Type
Student or Learner
hi every body

I would thank any one pass to previous thread and read my short story.

now I have another to correct and to improve my writing skills:

When I young, I had planing to become Doctor. So, I was studying hardly.
After secondary school, I enter the test for small evaluation. But the degree was fall. It is bad for me >> but there are many major. I selected Computer science. I would say thank you god for every thing.

thank you

M

matilda

When I young, I was planing to become a doctor. So, I wastudied hard.
After secondary school, I passedthe test for small evaluation. But i failed because i didnt get the required degree. It is bad for me , but there are still some other jobs i can take,but I've chosen Computer science. I thank God for what he had given me

Offroad

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Brazilian Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
Brazil
"When I young" doesn't sound OK to me. Is it grammatically right? I thought it should be "When I was young" or "When I was a young person".

Thanks in advance.

Anglika

No Longer With Us
Member Type
Other
ٌRawwaf;255724 said:
hi, everybody,
I would thank any one pass to previous thread and read my short story.

N
ow I have another to correct and to improve my writing skills:

When I young,[When I was young/When a child/When a boy/girl], I had planing [I wanted/I planned/I hoped] to become a doctor. So, I was studying hardly[So I studied hard].
After secondary school, I entered the test for small evaluation.[evaluation as a medical student] But the degree was fall[I failed the test]. It is bad for me >> but there are many major.[I was sad/disappointed, but there are other subjects and I selected Computer science. I would say thank you, God for everything.

Thank you

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
"When I young" doesn't sound OK to me. Is it grammatically right? I thought it should be "When I was young" or "When I was a young person".
You are right. It should be "When I was young". Thus, it should be:
When I was young, I planned/hoped to become a doctor.
:)

the concierge

Member Type
English Teacher
When I young, I was planing to become a doctor. So, I wastudied hard.
After secondary school, I passedthe test for small evaluation. But i failed because i didnt get the required degree. It is bad for me , but there are still some other jobs i can take,but I've chosen Computer science. I thank God for what he had given me

correction -

When I was young, I wanted to be a doctor, so I studied hard. I passed my secondary school exams but failed to achieve the required level. I felt bad about it but there were still some other career paths I could take and now I have chosen Computer Science. I thank God for what he has given me.

Status
Not open for further replies.