slangs are increasing

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoly

Member Type
Student or Learner
I think slang expressions are increasing these days more than before.what do you think? and why?

hobah

Member Type
Academic
Yes , you are right. slang is everywhere, may be people see it easier.. oneday we might see BBC news in slang.. think so?:-o

Anglika

No Longer With Us
Member Type
Other
I think it is more evident via the internet, but that there has always been slang and that is is constantly changing. I am not convinced that there is any more than there has been in the past; just that it is more widely accessible.

hobah

Member Type
Academic
If we agree, it is the internet... So what about SMS or mobile text language and emoticons?
regards

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
If we agree, it is the internet... So what about SMS or mobile text language and emoticons?
regards

In the past there were other things- the telegram had its own forms too. :-D

hobah

Member Type
Academic
I don't regard those as slang.
if you do not regard the txt Codes as slang why this forum Terms&conditions of Use requests not using U but You , for and not 4...etc?:roll:
regards

Anglika

No Longer With Us
Member Type
Other
They are abbreviations. Slang is very informal language that is usually spoken rather than written, used especially by particular groups of people.

hobah

Member Type
Academic
They are abbreviations. Slang is very informal language that is usually spoken rather than written, used especially by particular groups of people.

I think you got me now, you are absolutely right..
have a nice weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.