English Teacher
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Hi dear teachers!
I've written a few lines on "Means of Transport" to explain to the children. I'd appreciate it if you could correct my mistakes before I make them write the passage.Please look at the underlined sentence specially.
"To travel from one place to another, we use different modes of transportation. They are land, sea and air transport. Means of transportation is used according to the distance travelled by people.
To move on land from one place to another, we can use cars, buses, vans, bikes, trains and planes.
We can go too far way places by travelling through sea transport like ships, boats, ferries, oil-tankers, buoys, canoes, and sailing boats etc.
Far away places could also be travelled by means of air transport.For example: aeroplanes, helicopters, shuttle, space ships and air balloons etc."
Best regards!
Dawood :lilangel:

Last edited:

Anglika

No Longer With Us
Member Type
Other
Hi dear teachers!
I've written a few lines on "Means of Transport" to explain to the children. I'd appreciate it if you could correct my mistakes before I make them write the passage.Please look at the underlined sentence specially.

"To travel from one place to another, we use different modes of transportation. They are land, sea and air transport.

The means of transportation is used according to the distance travelled by people.

To move on land from one place to another, we can use cars, buses, vans, bikes, trains and planes. Not land transport.

We can go to faraway places by travelling by sea transport, like ships, boats, ferries, oil-tankers, buoys,[Not a means of transport - a marker in the water] canoes,[Not usually a sea-going means of transport] and sailing boats etc.

Faraway places can also be reached by means of air transport. For example: aeroplanes, helicopters, shuttle, space ships [Only if you are including outer space and the moon in your faraway places] and hot-air balloons etc."

Best regards!
Dawood :lilangel:

I would avoid "etc." Keep to a specific list.

Status
Not open for further replies.