Some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

belly_ttt

Member Type
Student or Learner
1) skilled vs skillful
2) what's the difference between a northern wind and a northerly wind?
3) blanket vs quilt
4) I'm looking for a verb that describe actions such as: Change from Celcius degree to Farenheit degree or from meters to foot...
5) I'm looking for a noun: Vietnamese ten graders are being divided into three_____. Students of _______ A major (ie: They learn these subjects more than others) in Math, Physics and Chemistry, students of _______ D major in a foreign language and Math and Literature, students of _____ C deosn't major in any particular subject... How can we fill in the blank with one word?

Thanks in advance

Anglika

No Longer With Us
Member Type
Other
1) skilled vs skillful "He is a skilled worker" - generally taken to mean that he has acquired a professional degree of skilfulness. "A skilful worker" is someone who is good at what they do.

2) what's the difference between a northern wind and a northerly wind? "Northern" - wind from the compass direction of north; "Northerly" - a wind than comes from points on either side of the compass direction.

3) blanket vs quilt A blanket is woven from fibres; a quilt has two layers, between which is a padding, and is sewn together..

4) I'm looking for a verb that describe actions such as: Change from degrees Celsius to degrees Fahrenheit or from meters to foot... "convert"

5) I'm looking for a noun: Vietnamese tenth graders are being divided into three_____. Students of _______ A major (ie: They learn these subjects more than others) in Math, Physics and Chemistry, students of _______ D major in a foreign language and Math and Literature, students of _____ C deosn't major in any particular subject... How can we fill in the blank with one word? Try "stream(s)"

Thanks in advance

belly_ttt

Member Type
Student or Learner
Stream is a British word, is there any international one?

Status
Not open for further replies.