Starting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

englisha

I have been living here (in Germany) for three months. At the beginning I didn’t speak any German, but as I have been studying quite hard my level is increasing. I’m here because I want to make a Ph. D. about Darwiportunism and Knowledge Management, although I’m in Germany my thesis will be written in English. So that’s why I have to improve my written skills. I can say that is really rear that I write something in English. Sometimes I speak, but this language is quite “sleep” in my brain, at least the “active English”; my "pasive English" is better because I’m reading constantly in this language articles, books, webpages and all sort of written material. That is my first contribution to this forum. I will really appreciate all the grammatical, orthographical and style suggestions that you could make to this small paragraph.

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
to make a Ph. D- I'd use 'do'
really rear - typo- 'rare'
“sleep”- I'd use 'asleep'
reading constantly in this language articles, books, webpages and all sort of written material.- I'd move 'in this language' to the end- the way you have it, it looks a bit funny because it links to 'articles', making comprehension a little difficult.
;-)

Last edited:
E

englisha

Thank you very much.
I found the feedback really adequate.
;-)
R.

Status
Not open for further replies.