Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Japan
Hi to every one.

Well here is the my question.

The other night we went to out to down town and try to have fun.
And on the way to back to the bar by myself from store and got lost, I have to ask directions to the place that everybody else were ( I had to go to store to buy feminine item), and some how me and this person started to talk like 20 mins on the street with my broken English, and in that conversations once he said '' so that you are kidda street person hun? hahaha... at that time I was not really offended but as time goes by thinking back I started to think that he thought that I was something else??? like uh,,, you know??

TIA

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi to every one.

Well here is the my question.

The other night we went to out to down town and try to have fun.
And on the way to back to the bar by myself from store and got lost, I have to ask directions to the place that everybody else were ( I had to go to store to buy feminine item), and some how me and this person started to talk like 20 mins on the street with my broken English, and in that conversations once he said '' so that you are kidda street person hun? hahaha... at that time I was not really offended but as time goes by thinking back I started to think that he thought that I was something else??? like uh,,, you know??

TIA

A "street person" in the UK would be taken to mean a homeless person, ie a person who lives on the street.

A "streetwalker" is a term for a prostitute!

Ouisch

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
In the US as well "street person" refers to a homeless person who survives by begging for money from strangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.