Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Uzbek
Home Country
Uzbekistan
Current Location
Uzbekistan
Does this sentence sound nice? What do you think?

The study of the works extending the ideology of the system that calls for the integration into the mainstream society rather than hermitic practice is a matter of great significance for researchers to lay focus on.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Does it sound 'nice'? It's baffling me.

Without fully understanding it, I'd suggest deleting 'the' before 'mainstream', and the word 'lay'.

Rover

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Some punctuation might help, but perhaps not.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
The study of [STRIKE]the [/STRIKE]works extending the ideology of the system that calls for [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] integration into [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] mainstream society rather than hermitic practice is a matter of great significance for researchers to lay focus on.
I'd delete two or three articles. I'd hardly call the sentence 'nice.

In "The study of works extending the ideology of the system that calls for the integration into the mainstream society rather than hermitic practiceis a matter of great significance for researchers to lay focus on", the main clause, which I have underlined, sounds rather pompous to me. I'd go for "It is very important for reasearchers to focus on works which .... ". I can't go on, because I have no idea what is meant by extending the ideology of the system that calls for integration into mainstream society rather than hermitic practice.

azkad

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Uzbek
Home Country
Uzbekistan
Current Location
Uzbekistan
I'd delete two or three articles. I'd hardly call the sentence 'nice.

In "The study of works extending the ideology of the system that calls for the integration into the mainstream society rather than hermitic practiceis a matter of great significance for researchers to lay focus on", the main clause, which I have underlined, sounds rather pompous to me. I'd go for "It is very important for reasearchers to focus on works which .... ". I can't go on, because I have no idea what is meant by extending the ideology of the system that calls for integration into mainstream society rather than hermitic practice.

Thanks a lot.
Let me the sentence make a bit clear.

It is very important for researchers to focus on the books which extend the ideology of democratic system calling for the integration into mainstream society rather than hermetic practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.