Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Having studied all kinds of subjects for many years, we have formed our own plans on how to serve the world better and are well-prepared to put them into action.

I think the underlined part is not naturally written. Is "subject" collocated with "studied"? If not, what verb will do?What else could I write to describe "after we study English, math, history, economics and so on"?

Thanks!

Jason

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Having studied all kinds of subjects for many years, we have formed our own plans on how to serve the world better and are well-prepared to put them into action.

I think the underlined part is not naturally written. Is "subject" collocated with "studied"? If not, what verb will do?What else could I write to describe "after we study English, math, history, economics and so on"?

Thanks!

Jason

It's fine as it is.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Maths is a subject. History is a subject. Geography is a subject.

At secondary school, I studied nine subjects.
At sixth form college, I studied four subjects for the first year, but only three subjects in my second year.

Over the years, I have studied a lot of subjects. I have studied all kinds of subjects from maths to philosophy, history to business, English literature to lateral thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.