Survey on student motivation

Status
Not open for further replies.

katiebalmer

Member Type
English Teacher
I have to undertake a smallscale action research project on how display technology affects student motivation on ESOL course in an FE environment. A questionnaire needs to be devised and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions. The main thrust is motivation (and not necessarily ICT use) as I am comparing two colleges, one which uses ICT and one that doesn't.

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE

Mad-ox

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Hungarian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
hi,

Motivation is some kind of internal drive that encourages somebody to pursue a course of action. The motivation that students bring to class is the biggest factor affecting their motivation. Motivation can be divided into two main catagories: EXTRINSIC MOTIVATION, which is concerned with factors outside the classroom, and INTRINSIC MOTIVATION, which is concerned with what takes place inside the classroom. Now, these motivations have many sub-categories............

regards,
Madox

ImagineNation

Member Type
Student or Learner
Well motivation deals with aspect of moving in the right direction at the right time.There are lot of factors that determine the way a person gets motivated.
we have to consider factors such as money,reward etc to determine the efficiency of motivation.

Imagine-Nation

David L.

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Is the assistance you are asking for to do with designing the survey (and hence, the areas that need to be covered)?
You are off to a good start in that you have a control group, the college which doesn't use ICT.
As a start, see

Questionnaire Design & Analysis

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.