talent

Status
Not open for further replies.

navi tasan

Key Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2002
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
United States
Which is correct:
1-My talent is singing.
2-My talent is for singing.
 
N

Natalie27

Guest
navi tasan said:
Which is correct:
1-My talent is singing.
2-My talent is for singing.

I think there are different ways of conveying the same message:

I have a talent for singing.
My talent is in singing.
My talent rests in singing.

I think that "My talent is singing" seems to be grammatically correct but it sounds awkward right for some reason. :lol:
 

Red5

Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Joined
Nov 13, 2002
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Natalie27 said:
I think there are different ways of conveying the same message:

I have a talent for singing.
My talent is in singing.
My talent rests in singing.

I agree.

PS - Welcome to UsingEnglish.com! :hi:
 
N

Natalie27

Guest
Red5 said:
Natalie27 said:
I think there are different ways of conveying the same message:

I have a talent for singing.
My talent is in singing.
My talent rests in singing.

I agree.

PS - Welcome to UsingEnglish.com! :hi:

Thank You!
You are a nice bunch of people and it's a pleasure to be here! :lol: :lol: :lol:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top