[Grammar] Tense: We begin this chapter....We will then explore...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaMelange

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hello teachers,

Here is the paragraph:

This chapter will engage dance as we begin our exploration through the arts, constructing a pneumatological aesthetics of renewal. As discussed in the previous chapter, the universal outpour motif extends implications of embodiment and community, and dance clearly exemplifies both of these inferences. We begin this chapter by looking at body knowledge as a prelinguistic form of communication. We will then explore the phenomenology of dance and see how this art form is a sophisticated form of bodily communication. Next we will look at liturgical dance to see how dance can be understood theologically in the context of worship, and we will feature a case study of Destiny House’s dance ministry in order to contextualize our findings. Perhaps an evaluation of dance will help us better understand how we can enter into God’s divine dance.

I would like to know whether the usage of future tense (bolded) is OK in this paragraph, or should "will" be removed from these sentences?

I think it is OK, but I am not sure.

Thank you!

Source: SPIRIT OF THE ARTS: Towards a Pneumatological Aesthetics of Renewal, by ​Steven Félix-Jäger

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
The original and your suggested variants are both acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.