Member Type
Other
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Dear all, what is the phonetic transcription of the word "Teuge" in "Teuge Airfield"??? I couldn't find it at all. I can't hear it well and I need to transliterate it.

Thanks a lot.

Atchan

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Somali
Home Country
Somalia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Dear all, what is the phonetic transcription of the word "Teuge" in "Teuge Airfield"??? I couldn't find it at all. I can't hear it well and I need to transliterate it.

Thanks a lot.
Teuge is a village in the Dutch province of Gelderland. It is best known for its small airport, Teuge International Airport. Population: 800. Recreation and tourism are key. Its main access road is the N344.

Teuge is part of the municipality of Voorst.

maiabulela

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Teuge is a village in the Dutch province of Gelderland. It is best known for its small airport, Teuge International Airport. Population: 800. Recreation and tourism are key. Its main access road is the N344.

Teuge is part of the municipality of Voorst.

what is the PHONETIC TRANSCRIPTION, please!!:-(

maiabulela

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
I need the phonetic transcription of the word "Teuge" from a native speaker. please!

Thanks.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Sorry, I don't do phonetics. If it's any help, as far as I know, it's pronounced "Toy-guh", the "guh" sounding like the first three letters of "good".

maiabulela

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Sorry, I don't do phonetics. If it's any help, as far as I know, it's pronounced "Toy-guh", the "guh" sounding like the first three letters of "good".

YES! It helps but is it "guh" as in "good" or "geh" as the first part in "game". So it's "Toy - Geh"?

Thanks. it's really better than nothing for the time being. Ive googled it but found nothing.

Thanks a lot. :)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Well, I don't speak Dutch but I do speak some German and "-ge" at the end of a word would sound like the "goo" in "good". It's the best I can do for now. I'm sure you'll find someone on here who can write it phonetically for you!

BobK

Harmless drudge
Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I would guess /'tɔɪgǝ/, but I don't speak Dutsch. (That is a phoneMic transcription, using the phonemes of Br Eng. My guess might be even less likely to help if I attempted a phoneTic transcription. ;-))

b

Status
Not open for further replies.