the past popularity

J

J&K Tutoring

It doesn't make sense to me either. I listened to the audio, and I'm pretty sure the announcer said, "...is hardly the path to popularity..." That and other apparent errors in the text you linked lead me to guess that the text is software-generated from the speech. Those are often inaccurate and in my mind, a pretty lazy way of generating text.

Last edited:

jasonlulu_2000

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
It doesn't make sense to me either. I listened to the audio, and I'm pretty sure the announcer said, "...is hardly the path to popularity..." That and other apparent errors in the text you linked lead me to guess that the text is software-generated from the speech. Those are often inaccurate and in my mind, a pretty lazy way of generating text.

Can you be so kind as to tell me what "other apparent errors" in the text are?

Thanks again!

J

J&K Tutoring

"...get his goal..." is probably either: get his gold or reach his goal. In English we do not get a goal, we reach it or we achieve it.

...shot -- shocked...

"It is Gatling eating Usain Bolt then shushing the fans is hardly..."

Very possibly some of the errors can be charged to the commentator. These people are not hired because of their command of the English language, but that does not excuse lazy reporting from an organization that wants you to pay for 'news reporting'.