Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
How could I make the sentences below sound natural?

In 2014, the Society of Wilderness rented thirty hectares of land in the wetland. Considering the ecological cycles, it adopted the eco-friendly farming methods to grow organic crops. Since then, a large number of water birds have been drawn to this place and lay eggs, too.

J

J&K Tutoring

In 2014, the Society of Wilderness rented thirty hectares of [STRIKE]land in the[/STRIKE] wetland. Considering the ecological cycles, it adopted the eco-friendly farming [STRIKE]methods to grow organic crops[/STRIKE] practices. Since then, a large number of water birds have been drawn to this place [STRIKE]and lay eggs, too[/STRIKE] for nesting.

"Society of Wilderness" is a bit strange. Wilderness Society would be a much more natural-sounding name, but they are entitled to call themselves whatever they like.

It is also curious that they are somehow growing crops on wetland.

Last edited:

contiluo

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
1. They grow crops in the paddy field near the wetland.
2. I rewrite these sentences as follows:
In 2014, Wilderness Society rented thirty hectares of paddy field in the area. Considering the ecological cycles, it adopted the eco-friendly farming practices. Since then, a large number of water birds have been drawn to this place for nesting.

Last edited:

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
the eco-friendly farming practices.

I would consider deleting the. They probably haven't adopted all of the practices as some of them are aimed at arid lands.