Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
It's a joke- we say that 'time heals all wounds', so they changed it about. I must say it's not a very funny joke, though.;-)

W

welldone

am I right by these:

wounds = hurts
heels = feet (or part of feet:).

So, the meaning of "Time wounds all heels" just mean your feet will get hurt as time passes by...

weird...
thanks TDOL!!

Member Type
Other
tdol said:
It's a joke- we say that 'time heals all wounds', so they changed it about. I must say it's not a very funny joke, though.;-)

:roll:

But in our side it is a wise saying, it means instead of all the pain, sorrow sadness and things like that humans can forget everything.Time heals.

S

Susie

"Time wounds all heels"

Yes, wounds= hurts

Heels is a slang expression for someone who is a jerk, usually a male. It's not uncommon for a woman (or her friends) whose heart is broken to make this statement.

Basically the phrase is another way of saying "What goes around, comes around".......in other words....

...in time, the *heel* (jerk) will get hurt by his actions.

Hope this makes sense! :D

Susie

W

welldone

Guys, especially Susie

thank you so much!
I have been Googling crazily for answer since I have to translate it for somebody else. This was driving me nuts. Now I can calm down:)

Thank you all!

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
ProudToBeMuslim said:
:roll:

But in our side it is a wise saying, it means instead of all the pain, sorrow sadness and things like that humans can forget everything.Time heals.

I meant the changed version and not the original.;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.