Other
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi,

May I, please, have a few common verbs that go with 'organisation' in its uncountable meaning?

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hi,

May I, please, have a few common verbs that go with 'organisation' in its uncountable meaning?
You can do a lot of things with organisation. You can facilitate it, hinder it, side-track, postpone, delegate, defer... What are you thinking of doing with it?

Mehrgan

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Thanks. I was considering something like 'establish'. Is that a right uasage? Anything meaning like 'establish' please?

Route21

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Thailand
As an NES but not a teacher, I might "establish an effective organisation", but that makes it countable.

Regards
R21

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Thanks. I was considering something like 'establish'. Is that a right uasage? Anything meaning like 'establish' please?
Maybe. More context would be preferable. Instead of saying "establish organisation", why not just use "organise".
But really, it depends. Consider this:

Mum: "Billy, I want you to establish organisation of your room immediately!" This is not something anyone would say.
On the other hand, if you had to use business-speak, you could probably get away with it:
"At this point in time, our major priority must be to establish organisation of an agenda with which we can move forward." = "We need a plan".

Status
Not open for further replies.