Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nosenseofdirection

How to translate this sentence : Doctors estimated there were 30 percent fewer cases in the DOTS half than in the other half of the population。[/u]

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Pesumably this is an epidemiological study of some sort, but I have no idea what the DOTS refers to. However, I am seeing just such a doctor this afternoon and will check with her.;-)

N

nosenseofdirection

tdol said:
Pesumably this is an epidemiological study of some sort, but I have no idea what the DOTS refers to. However, I am seeing just such a doctor this afternoon and will check with her.;-)

Hopes everything goes well .
I'm so sorry that I forgot to note what DOTS refers to ,but acturally I am not quite sure about it.

This time I read the ariticle again and got what it means.Here is the related passages :
China started its program with help from the World Bank and the W.H.O. in nineteen-ninety-one. Health officials established the program in half the population. After ten years researchers did a national study of tuberculosis.

Doctors estimated there were thirty percent fewer cases in the DOTS half than in the other half of the population. The W.H.O. says the results prove that the program should be expanded throughout China.

And I guessed that doctors do some reserch on half the population ,so ,the whole population was divided into two parts : half with DOTS ,the other half without DOTS,right?

P.S. Thanks for you kindly help. :D :D :D

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Yes; it's a way of comparing. ;-)