Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Belarus
Current Location
Belarus
Is it possible to say "two millions of women"? This site says it is. (It's one of the examples for #3 "million/millions".) Following the rule I've learnt, it should be "two million women" or "millions of women" or "several million women". If it's okay to say "two millions of women", could you give a couple of examples?

Last edited:

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
The website is wrong.

You are right.

Last edited:

Skrej

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You can say something like 'hundreds of millions' or 'tens of millions'. However, those may just be set phrases, come to think of it.

Roman55

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
France
Is it possible to say "two millions of women"? This site says it is. (It's one of the examples for #3 "million/millions".) Following the rule I've learnt, it should be "two million women" or "millions of women" or "several million women". If it's okay to say "two millions of women", could you give a couple of examples?

I'm familiar with this site and have used it in the past for other languages. When I clicked on your link it was obvious that that use of millions is completely wrong. It is a French site, and since I live in France the website kindly offered to serve me the same page in French. There was no mention whatsoever of millions being acceptable in what I assume to be the original version of the site.