[STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] While [I was] translating something, I [STRIKE]met with[/STRIKE] came across [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] the phrase "raise the metaphorical stakes". I have no idea what "metaphorical stakes" means.
Note my corrections above. Your profile shows that you are an English teacher. As such, it is important for you to demonstrate that you know how to write English correctly. Take care to follow these rules:
- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with one appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- Do not put a space before a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.